Friday 15 March 2013

Happy Birthday: Mademoiselle takes Milan x










































Happy Birthday to me! Finally 21 and I just can't believe I'm actually typing it! I feel ecstatic and incredibly elated. I am officially a woman, or at least I feel like one (eeek!). It's now dawned on me that I can no longer get away with being that little girl any more. Instead, I am forced to grow up whether I like it or not. I mean, I was ready and waiting for this day but it finally came and I was having lots of eeek moments.

So, for my 21st, I wanted to do things in style (don't I always). Do something I would never forget and something that I could look back on in years to come and say, wow! It was the BIG 21 after all, it had to be major! And indeed, major it was! 


The night before (9th March), I went out to the city centre and painted the town Orange with a couple of friends. I sported a very low neck lined bright orange AQUA dress that kept me snugly fitted in place. I won't even reveal the size of the dress because it was super teeny tightly fitted but so lovely on (the price you pay to look good). It was a very out there kind of dress but I was calling in my birthday, 'OUT there' was so acceptable! I stayed out till about 4am and had to get home to get some rest. I got home to the house decorated in 'Happy 21st Birthday' banners and balloons. It was so lovely and a shame to have to go to sleep but I had a crazy few hours ahead. I was flying out that very morning and I hadn't even packed yet (eeek! typical me). 

I must have had about 2 hours sleep but I was up and ready to continue celebrating my special day and packing everything I needed. Milan awaited... and I couldn't wait to get to that fashion capital! I felt so lucky and happy to be celebrating my birthday abroad, in a city that shared a dying love for fashion as much as me. A city enriched with culture to last a lifetime. My family surprised me once more with a cake and presents which I certainly didn't expect because I wouldn't be able to eat the cake as I was flying out in less than an hour at that point. I must say I appreciated the planning and sneaking around to make my birthday morning special. Three hours later, we landed in Milan, just about left the airport and had 'Beautiful Mademoiselle' called out to me by a beautiful Italian (could have been French) gentleman passing by (hence the beautifully named post). It's fair to say, I was pretty darn elated to be there at that point! 

It was a long drive to central from the airport and an even longer drive to the hotel as I was too excited and forgot to plan the route of how we would get from Central to the hotel before I had travelled. We finally arrived and it was definitely worth the wait! I inserted the card into the slot to open the room like an excited little girl. The hotel was a deluxe haven and so beautiful, I was in awe. The hotel also kindly provided chilled Champagne for two and drinks for my arrival as they knew it was my birthday (again, more sneaky planning involved without my knowing but so appreciated). I truly felt like a pampered princess. I was so out of it (extremely exhausted) but had to slip in a glass of champagne (or two) before bed... I needed to end such a beautiful birthday night in style, and that I sure did!

Awaking and having breakfast downstairs was lovely. It was an open buffet and for the duration of time we spent there, I often had boiled eggs, bacon, string beans and croissants, tropical juice and tea (weird combination, right?). I don't know why, but it was just my thing! It woke me up plenty a time in the morning, good source of energy. We dined in the most beautiful restaurants for dinner and the food was just sensationally great there! I was in awe and wouldn't trade that experience for the world.
The following days we shopped at Michael Kors, H&M, Zara, discovered Sephora (and fell in love), visited boutiques, boarded the train having no clue of how to speak Italian or where to get off and made it back okay in the taxi, which was a bit costly but worth it! I was mesmerized with the shops, how very well dressed the Italians are and the beautiful skin everyone had there. Everything seemed to go by so fast, I guess time truly flies when you're having so much fun.

Milan marked the best few days of my life hands down and where better to celebrate 21 years of life than the fashion city itself! Elated is an understatement! I will definitely be back soon! x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Shenae Desiree | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig